Our goal is to help patients better understand their heartburn challenges and put treatments in place that allow you to better manage the disease. We offer a number of tools and services to determine the stage of your heartburn and how to mitigate the issues of Barrett’s Esophagus. Following a review of your results, an individualized plan for health will be provided.
It’s hard to know sometimes when symptoms are severe enough to warrant an appointment with a gastroenterologist. Here a few indications that we typically recommend you come see us at our Heartburn Center in Atlanta, Georgia.
• Symptoms that remain for more than two weeks
• Heartburn that continues after taking over-the-counter medications
• Heartburn episodes that alter in frequency or intensity
• Nighttime symptoms that affect your sleep quality
• Acid reflux that obstructs with your daily activities or affects quality of life
• Decreased appetite
• Pain or difficulty swallowing
• Heartburn accompanied by nausea
• Mysterious weight loss
• Long-lasting hoarseness or wheezing
If you experience any of the symptoms above, it is time to come see our team at Gastroenterology Atlanta. Click the button below to schedule your appointment with one of our experts.